Spring has officially sprung, presenting a splendiferous time to round up the family for some fun and adventurous April events on historic Galveston Island!
The cold weather has all but gone, replaced by balmy skies and the relaxing Gulf Coast trade winds. It’s a perfect time to bask in the sun while checking out these exciting Family Fun events in Galveston:
El Galéon Tours
From April 6-9, Galveston will welcome El Galéon, a replica of a majestic Spanish galleon that traversed the world’s oceans in the 16th century. Converted into a floating museum, the vessel offers a unique and up-close- look at life aboard the historic galleon.
Step aboard the170-foot sailing vessel, which harks back to the golden age of Western expansion into the Americas. The crew of El Galéon lives aboard the ship 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and will conduct tours.
Once aboard, be sure to roam above and below the decks (5 total), talk to the crew members and absorb dozens of interactive exhibits, videos, historical documents and displays. There is no time limit for your tour, and photos are welcome
Dwayne Jones, executive director of the Galveston Historical Foundation, said El Galéon’s visit is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for kids young and old.
“GHF is excited to welcome the El Galéon to our Pier 22 as a companion to our historic vessel ELISSA,” he said. “This is a rare opportunity to see this amazing Spanish ship and meet its crew. This visits sets the stage for our inaugural Tall Ship extravaganza planned for April 2018. Join us as we explore and learn about our maritime heritage.”
Tickets may be purchased online and at the Texas Seaport Museum, 2100 Harborside. For more information, call 409-763-1877. Tour tickets are $10 for ages 13 and over, $5 for ages 5-12, and free for ages 4 and under. Tickets to tour the 1877 Tall Ship ELISSA are also available.
Pioneer Associates has been providing management consultancy services since inception in 1990, ranging from corporate advisory, taxation, internal audit, SOX compliance to special audit services. As a client-focused firm, we adopt a personalised approach and pride ourselves on our long-term client relationships.
- In January 1990, a group of skilled professionals left Arthur Young to form boutique firm Pioneer Associates. We are committed to delivering innovative, personalised solutions to challenges of any size. Our relationships with clients are built on our understanding of their businesses in addition to mutual trust and respect.
- Bolstered by a team of experienced professionals, our directors work closely with our clients to understand and support their individual business needs. Our professionals are drawn from different backgrounds and nationalities, and many of them have considerable working experience in an international accounting environment. To facilitate our work in the region, our team comprises professionals who are conversant not only in English, but also in other languages spoken in the region, such as Bahasa Indonesia, Malay, Mandarin, and some Chinese dialects such as Cantonese, which is widely spoken in Hong Kong and Guangzhou (PRC).
- Our relationships with leading professionals—including accountants and lawyers in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, PRC, Taiwan, Thailand, Australia, the UK, and the USA — enable us to facilitate the provision of quality services to our clients in these countries. We personally coordinate these regional and international services to ensure that we utilise the best local advice available.
Deseamos aclarar las infundadas publicaciones que han salido en ciertos medios de prensa durante los últimos días:
• Mossack Fonseca & Co. al cumplir su función de Agente Residente no es responsable del actuar comercial de las sociedades que constituye, no tenemos ningún tipo de vinculación comercial, así como tampoco tenemos la facultad de administrar o de captar fondos para ninguna de ellas; por ende, las aseveraciones relacionadas a la supuesta posesión de un apartamento en Brasil, a la constitución de compañías para actuar ilícitamente a través de ellas, y el supuesto involucramiento en delitos de lavado de dinero son absolutamente falsas y temerarias.
• La oficina del representante de Brasil ha sido requerida para suministrar información al respecto de este caso como parte de las investigaciones, información que se ha entregado y se ha colaborado en todo lo que está a nuestro alcance para aclarar este inconveniente en el menor tiempo posible. Los empleados de esta oficina, que colaboraron con dichas investigaciones se encuentran actualmente en libertad.
• No hemos prestado en el pasado ni prestamos en el presente servicios de asesoría o intermediación de ningún tipo para la compra, préstamo o financiación de bienes inmuebles ni de cualquier otro tipo, lo cual ratifica que no somos parte de este mal entendido, al cual erróneamente hemos sido vinculados.
• Es importante recalcar que Mossack Fonseca cumple y ha cumplido siempre con la verificación de debida diligencia de nuestra clientela, en estricto apego a la normativa vigente en cada país. Por esta razón, reiteramos nuestra disposición para cooperar con las autoridades cuando así nos sea requerido, disposición esta la cual de manera proactiva ya se ha hecho de su conocimiento.
• Finalmente, Mossack Fonseca no apadrina ilícitos; muy por contrario, nos complacen los avances que en materia de prevención del lavado de dinero y delitos conexos, se están verificando en nuestros países.
Director de Relaciones Públicas
MOSSACK FONSECA & CO.
Mossack Fonseca’s commitment to social responsibility continues with the recent inauguration of a lactation room located on its premises designed for the benefit of the many mothers working for the company.
Panama, Republic of Panama – January 18, 2016 /PressCable/ —
A socially responsible corporation that understands how essential it is to assist staff members in achieving a healthy balance between their personal and professional responsibilities, Mossack Fonseca recently inaugurated a lactation room on its premises for the benefit of the company’s mothers. Always keeping in mind the babies’ health and helping maintain the emotional bond between mother and baby in spite of work responsibilities, the addition of an office lactation room is a critical step that reinforces the manner in which the company values the well-being of its staff members and their families.
Through an alliance with Pigeon Global, Mossack Fonseca was supplied with the products needed to make this beautiful project an overwhelming success. Mothers now have a pleasant area with special furniture, a refrigerator, a microwave steam sterilizer and an assortment of Pigeon products designed to assist with this highly beneficial activity. Benefiting both mother and child, the addition of the lactation room is yet another example of how the company works diligently to ensure its clients, shareholders and team members are all accorded the respect they so richly deserve.
Founded in 1977, the company’s mission and core values have long guided the manner in which Mossack Fonseca operates with regard to its clients, its employees and its shareholders. In addition to its commitment to outstanding customer service and its focus on excellence, Mossack Fonseca has created a corporate culture and philosophy built on the tenets of commitment, discipline, responsibility, honesty, loyalty and innovation. The consistent adherence to these core values has driven the company to always consider how its actions will serve others and to pursue the course of action most likely to yield the greatest possible benefit.
It is also worth noting that the company’s longstanding professional partnerships with companies like Pigeon Global play an important role in Mossack Fonseca’s ability to be so successful in the implementation of socially responsible projects such as the recent lactation room addition. Whether it is providing comprehensive legal, trust and accounting services to clients or developing programs for the benefit of employees, Mossack Fonseca has demonstrated its keen understanding of the importance of building relationships based on the qualities outlined in its mission and core values.
About the Firm: The Mossack Fonseca Group is a firm that provides exceptional legal, trust and investment consultancy to clients across the globe. Founded in 1977, the firm offers comprehensive services across every continent, specializing in international business structures, commercial law, wealth management and trust services.
For more information about us, please visit http://www.mossfon.com
Name: Mossack Fonseca
Organization: Mossack Fonseca
Address: 54th Street, Marbella, Panama, Republic of Panama
Phone: (507) 205.5888
Dr. Howard J. Marans is an orthopedic surgeon who along with other practitioners has maintained an exemplary practice for more than 20 years. Their mission is to treat all patients in a professional and timely manner. Best results depend on precise diagnosis, a full elucidation of the therapeutic options and expectations and, finally, an accurate implementation of the selected method, whether surgical or non-surgical. All these are goals which Dr. Howard has excelled in achieving, owing to his level of expertise and training to become the best one-stop place for affordable shoulder surgery options in Fountain Valley and throughout the nation.
Over the past nineteen years, he has also provided voluntary services to several institutions and his coverage has ranged from high schools to colleges. Dr. Howard J. Marans provides treatment for various kinds of situations. Whether his patients are looking to get back to soft ball league action or make a return to the school team, he diligently attends to them by using state-of-the art surgical equipment based on well-established orthopedic principles. As a practitioner who prides himself in being one of the leading orthopedic professionals, Dr. Marans considers each patient unique. He does this by getting to familiarize himself with them in a fact finding exploration that seeks to gather insights and information that he can use in identifying the most appropriate course of treatment for his patients. Some of the areas that he may tend to focus on include:
Top Affordable Shoulder Surgery in Fountain Valley
Howard J. Marans, MD welcomes new patients and tries to make their payment procedures as easy as possible. In conjunction with other practitioners, they accept various medical insurance plans and payment options. For instance, they treat members of most PPO plans and will even go as far as treating members of PPO plans that they are not affiliated with. Please click www.ocorthopedic.com for affordable shoulder surgery options or call us at 714.979.8981
A top orthopedic surgeon in Tustin will provide the best care to patient with a variety of orthopedic problems. By conducting a thorough search, a potential client can find the perfect match to fulfill all health care needs relating to the musculoskeletal system. The specialist will begin with an accurate diagnosis of the injury or illness. Begin by finding the right orthopedic surgeon to obtain optimal care for injuries.
Finding the right orthopedic surgeon will help the potential client return to normal, healthy daily activities.
- Ask for referrals from friends, family members and co-workers. A referral from peers can help in picking out the right orthopedic surgeon.
- Check online referrals and reviews. The Internet will have different sites for medical reviews. The sites can be local, state, or national to help in finding the right specialist. Top rated orthopedic surgeons will have higher reviews to help a potential patient make the right choice.
- Consult with a primary physician to obtain a list of potential orthopedic surgeons in the area. In some cases the primary physician’s office will utilize top rated orthopedic specialists for referrals.
- Health insurance companies may have specific in-network orthopedics to utilize. If a potential patient picks an orthopedic specialist out of the network, the out of pocket costs may be higher, creating a financial burden.
An orthopedic surgeon in Tustin will start by diagnosing the specific injuries. The specialist will begin with a consultation, medical history, and questions related to the symptoms.
- Where is the area causing the client pain? In the knee? Foot? Wrist? Each area will have specific needs to treat.
- Is the pain in the muscles or joints? Could the pain be the result of a degenerative disease?
- How long has the pain been occurring? - Is the area swollen and bruised?
- Are there any signs of infection? Does the area feel warm to the touch?
- Is the pain due to a specific injury? A fall? Sports related? After answering these kinds of questions fully, the orthopedic surgeon will follow up with a preliminary exam and recommend testing to accurately diagnose the problem.
Testing may include X-rays and a MRI. The testing will give the orthopedic surgeon accurate details of the cause of the pain. The tests will plan the course of treatment. Depending on the degree of injury or illness, the course of treatment will either be a non-surgical or surgical option. In most situations surgery is used as a last resort unless the injury requires resetting of broken bones or the repair of torn ligaments.
The top rated orthopedic surgeon in Tustin will help in relieving painful symptoms while getting back to normal daily activities as fast as possible. Dr. Howard Marans will work to reduce and eliminate pain with both non-surgical and surgical options. Dr. Marans’ office accepts PPO and is willing to work with other insurance companies to provide an optimal outcome for the patient. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 714.979.8981
On December 21, 2015, the French Minister of Finance and Public Accounts announced that they had removed BVI from their list of non-cooperative jurisdictions. The French minister indicated that BVI had been very cooperative with France and positively responded to almost all recommended changes.
BVI Premier and Minister for Finance, Dr the Honourable D. Orlando Smith, OBE said, “The Government of the Virgin Islands is pleased with this positive step from France which demonstrates our commitment to exchange of information and also demonstrates our compliance with the international standards”.
The announcement comes after the progress made in BVI was also recognised by the Global Forum on Tax Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes in August 2015 which upgraded the Territory’s non-compliant rating to ‘largely compliant’.
Established in 1977, the Mossack Fonseca Group is a leading global company which provides comprehensive legal, trust and accounting services.